Apple iTunes

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Escaping from The Austere Academy.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for good young-adult literature. If you haven't picked up the Series of Unfortunate Events books, I highly recommend them. I finished books 1-10 two years ago and decided to wait until the series was complete before proceeding further. Now that The End is here, I decided to jump back in. The first four are a bit episodic, so I decided to begin with The Austere Academy. This is the book where the Baudelaires first hear mention of the mysterious V. F. D.

You've got to have a rather dry sense of humor, appreciate a good pun, be ready to research references to classic literature that you might not have paid attention to at school, and block out a good chunk of time because once you start one of these unfortunate books, it's hard to stop until the unfortunate end.

No comments: